Now you can leverage the power of Automated Meter Readings with UPN’s utility billing software, and experience the many benefits of a real-time data interface! First and foremost, as soon as any changes are made to a consumer’s account, UPN sends automatic updates to your AMI. As a result, your Meter Readings will be more timely and accurate – plus, automatic updates eliminate the need for manual AMI updates, removing the possibility of human error.
Integration also means a better transfer of information to UPN’s CIS billing software. AMI readings on a number of crucial topics – such as usage information, meter status, outage alerts, and more – are updated in UPN at regularly scheduled intervals. Once the data is in UPN, it can be accessed by your utility’s CSRs, dispatchers, and engineers, who can then utilize the information to
- Initiate immediate Connect and Disconnect instructions to individual meters
- Retrieve on-demand information about specific meters and service locations
- Post up-to-the-minute meter readings directly to a customer’s account
- Investigate high bill complaints
- Verify an inactive account
- Identify possible energy theft
- Cross-reference your AMI system to update all AMI-ready meters in inventory
- Perform Bulk Meter Swaps to add new meters, change meter locations, and remove meters from circulation – all without manually creating a single Service Order!
Synching your AMI system with UPN’s utility software offers immediate improvements to your infrastructure. It’s another way UPN works harder to enhance efficiency, reduce workload, and create a healthier flow of information throughout your utility.