Prepaid Metering is an easy and convenient way to help your utility reduce costs and increase efficiency. Once established, prepaid accounts practically manage themselves – with customers monitoring their energy use online or over the phone, purchasing energy in advance and adding to their accounts as often as they like. And as an integral component of UPN’s Meter Data Management System, Prepaid Metering gives CSRs complete access to account details, as well as many core billing processes, fees and charges – while providing your customers with a variety of options to manage their electricity use and control their energy costs.
- Access account details, core billing processes, fees and charges
- View balances, usage and payment history
- Keep a running tally of bad debts owed and recovered
- Set up prepaid accounts using Prepaid Metering’s to-the-penny calculations
- Monitor disconnect thresholds and initiate disconnects within your AMI system
- Avoid costly deposits
- Eliminate disconnect fees
- Manage their energy use
- Configure automated alerts and reminders and voice alerts
- Make payments in increments that don’t strain their budgets
Virtually eliminate bad debt for prepaid accounts by collecting payments in advance.
Recoup losses while continuing to provide service to customers with outstanding balances.
Reduce expenses associated with meter readers and other field personnel, collection activity, bill generation and disconnect notices.
Provide your customers with powerful tools to help them manage their energy use and control their utility costs.
Increase electric reliability and improve the economic well-being of your communities and your region.