When you factor in collection time, employee hours and the operational expenses associated with processing Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) items, collecting on bad checks can often be a costly, frustrating and time-consuming process. Our convenient, no-cost Returned Check Processing service has been proven to eliminate up to 80 percent of all un-recovered returned checks – drastically reducing your internal expenses, improving operational efficiency, and even creating a new revenue stream for your utility.
- SEDC handles the process to recoup funds from NSF transactions
- Your utility receives a portion of any processing fees collected by SEDC
- Special SEDC check endorsement assures items will move through the recovery process
- Your utility remains paid as rejected checks are re-presented up to two times
- All NSF items are consolidated into a central SEDC account, reducing fees assessed by the bank
Eliminate manual processing of returned checks.
Stop revenue loss from collection-related operational expenses.
Increase success rate of NSF collections with little-to-no dedicated utility man-hours.
Reduce vehicle and labor expenses associated with delinquent notices and disconnects.
Create a new revenue stream when you receive a portion of any processing fees.
Increase the percentage of recovery by using SEDC’s electronic re-presentment capabilities.
Reduce adversarial customer calls, as well as the cost associated with mailing past due notices.