Supporting The First Steps Toward Your Utility Becoming PCI Complaint
SEDC helps establish the procedures to protect your business and your customers from theft, fraud, and other security risks that result from the compromise of credit card data.
Becoming Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant is a major step toward comprehensive cybersecurity and improving the cyber resilience of your utility.
The requirements for compliance are much more than a simple checklist; they are a rule book for examining your network and infrastructure for possible vulnerabilities and then plugging those holes. We are committed to assisting you with the PCI DSS compliance process.
SEDC provides your utility secure and convenient ways to accept credit card and e-check payments – from our browser-based PCI-DSS Bill Presentment and Payment application to our Remote Payment Service terminals, SEDC’s Cash Register, and our IVR and Inquiry/Search interfaces.
By offering convenient and alternative payment options, your utility can generate a consistent revenue stream through timely bill payments, while continuing to offer cost-effective services.
Convenience And Security Extended Through These Key Features:
- PCI DSS-compliant
- View and print PDF images of customer bills
- Payments are instantly updated
- Utility decides what credit cards to accept and how to process them
- e-Check routing and account numbers are immediately verified and approval codes generated
- Accept telephone transactions from electronic consumers through the SEDC Inquiry System
- Accept credit card payments in a front counter environment via integration with Cash Register
- IVR Systems can be programmed to accept payments through an automated attendant